Physiotherapy encompasses treatment or management of physical disability, malfunction, impairments, or pain. It promotes mobility, function, and quality of life through examination, diagnosis, physical intervention by physical techniques. Physiotherapy or PT is used for different types of patients, starting from infants with birth defects to elderly people with various problems of old age. It is also needed by people to deal with the after-effects of going through surgery or have faced any accident.
People might not realize when to see a physiotherapist or getting physiotherapy, but a doctor may refer to physiotherapy after surgery or after a heart attack or stroke or handle the chronic pain of the patient. Regular therapy eases the pain and mobility of patient, thus improving their quality of life.
The physiotherapist focuses on both prevention and rehabilitation. Some are given below;
- Neck and back pain caused by muscles and bone diseases or as a result of any sports injury.
- Problems of joints, muscles and ligaments, in a condition such as arthritis and the after-effects of limb surgery
- Loss of mobility due to any trauma to the brain or spine, or diseases such as Parkinson’s and multiple sclerosis.
- Fatigue, chronic pain, swelling, stiffness of any part of the body or the loss of muscle strength,
- Any disability as a result of heart problems, high blood pressure, etc.
- Lungs & breathing problem because of asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases
- Pelvic issues related to childbirth, etc.
The physiotherapist recommends the exercises and their duration after accessing patients’ conditions, their history, and the cause of the problem. Patients are advised not to exercise on their own without consulting a trained physiotherapist, as it may cause permanent damage or deteriorate their physical condition.
Murshid has trained physiotherapists for pain management and to improve the mobility of the patients seeking help. It also organizes free camps to increase awareness and advise patients needing medical help and support.