The medical speciality that deals with the treatment of bones, their abnormal growth, their damages or bones related diseases. Orthopaedic surgeons are devoted to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles and operates on bones and muscles to fix them.
Bones problem can occur in patients of all ages starting from new-borns and elderly people. Sportspeople can face injuries that may need immediate attention of an orthopaedic doctor or orthopaedic surgeons in some cases. Many accidents emergencies may lead to treatment by an orthopaedic doctor or surgeons to restore the physical movement of the patient.
Orthopaedic doctor and physiotherapist sometimes work together to improve the patient quality of life, so that he or she could live a normal life and perform their activities independently.
When to see an Orthopaedic,
- Sports injuries
- Back pain, disks prolapse and spinal stenosis
- Bone tumours
- Carpal tunnel, hand arthritis and hand injuries
- Club foot, bow legs and hip dysplasia
- Orthopaedic trauma
- Non-union fracture (infective/non-infective)
- Limb lengthening
- Achilles tendon injuries, bunions and foot and ankle injuries